Tuesday 6 November 2012

My first five weeks at Hidcote.

Hello and welcome to the start of my blog!

Here I will keep you up to date of the things I have been up to and also things happening in the garden. Also, soon I will hopefully be doing a monthly podcast for Hidcote so I shall keep you informed!

I feel I have really settled in here (thank goodness!) as I'm really enjoying every task I'm set to do, and everyone here is so lovely.

I've learnt a heck of a lot so far; from bulb planting and bulb types, to espalier pruning and lawn fertilising! In my first week I did propagation and learnt my first ident - Argyranthemum Madarense in Mrs Winthrop's - don't think I'll ever forget that one! And through the past month I've done bulb planting in the Italian Garden, Westonburt, and the Fern Dell; hedgecutting - one of the quickest ways to get buff and tired at the same time! Also, digging and dividing Astrantias, weeding, cutting down and cultivating; pruning espaliers in the kitchen garden. etc. And so much more to come!

I've been trying my best with my idents aswell and I'm currently starting plant profiles to make sure everything stays in my head!

What I will try do in future is do posts bi-weekly, if I can. Until then, big thanks to the garden team at Hidcote, and you for reading this. x

No comments:

Post a Comment